Steel ball is the energy carrier and force body in ore grinding. It affects the production capacity of the mill through changes in the total energy of the grinding medium in the mill, the energy of a single grinding medium, and the specific surface area of the grinding medium. The particle size of the qualified product of grinding efficiency has a significant impact. There are many factors that affect the ratio of grinding media. The following introduces some of the main ball mill grinding media ratio methods in production practice.
1) According to the feed size composition, the percentage of steel balls of various diameters in the total mass of the ball load is equal to the yield of the corresponding particle size in the feed, and the grinding medium ratio is determined, referred to as the feed particle size correlation method.
2) Calculate the ratio according to the equal density of steel balls of various diameters in the ball load, hereinafter referred to as the equal density method.
3) Calculate the grinding medium ratio according to the percentage of the total mass of the steel balls of various sizes in the total ball load and the diameter of the steel balls, referred to as the mass diameter equal ratio method.
4) Calculate the proportion of grinding media based on the equal total surface area of steel balls of various diameters, referred to as the equal surface area method.
5) Calculate the ratio according to the percentage of the total mass of steel balls with various diameters in the total mass of the ball and the surface area of the single ball, referred to as the mass surface area ratio method.
6) Determine the proportion directly according to the equal number of steel balls of various diameters, referred to as the equal number method.
7) On the basis of the principle of maximum particle size disappearance rate, the principle of grinding dynamics and the principle of linear superposition of the grinding process, the grinding is calculated according to the feed size distribution, the requirements of the grinding product size distribution, the nature of the material and the speed of the mill The computer simulation algorithm of media size and ratio, referred to as product particle size correlation method.
The above-mentioned various ratio calculation methods have been applied in practice. The first 6 methods are simple to calculate and are easy to be adopted by most manufacturers, but there are obvious differences between the various methods; the product particle size correlation method has been proved in practice to meet the requirements of product particle size. It is the most ideal and effective method under strict special circumstances, but the calculation process of this method is relatively complicated, and it is difficult for small and medium-sized mining enterprises to adopt it. Therefore, in a sense, no method has been universally adopted.